mbahunt

T-minus 1 Hour

Down to my final hour of preparation before the exam... I wanted to wake up nice and early today, make myself a hearty breakfast of eggs and bacon, head to the gym and do a light workout, then take my time and eat a nice healthy lunch somewhere nice to relax before heading to the exam site.

Then I realized that all of the above are so far from my ordinary routine, that it might not be such a good idea to switch things up the day of the test. Instead, I slept in, watched TV and then had a nice fatty sandwich from Arby's. There, that's more like it.

I took one final GMAT practice exam last night and did fairly well on it. The problem was that I struggled a lot during the math and thought I did terribly. The scores posted proved otherwise. I'm convinced that the GMATPrep software is just fucking with me and changed a lot of my wrong answers to right answers to make me feel good about myself. I listed all of the practice tests I took below and what I got on them.

GMATPrep Test 1: Not good.
Kaplan CAT Test 1: 40Q, 30V, 580
Kaplan CAT Test 2: 50Q, 36V, 660
Kaplan Book Test: 49Q, 44V, 690
Kaplan CAT Test 3: 50Q, 35V, 640
GMATPret Test 2: 49Q, 44V, 760

Notice I received the same scaled scores on the Kap CAT 2 and the GMATPret CAT 2, but how different the final scores are... It's true. Kaplan wants you to feel inadequate and in need of their services. Hey Kaplan, suck it!

It will be interesting to see, though, because I did have a few friends shell out the thousand dollars to take the Kaplan course, and I was too cocky to think I needed one. If I get slammed today, it will prove my theory terribly wrong.

Well, I have to leave for the testing center in 20 minutes, so I better quit wasting time and watch some more TV. Here goes nothing...

posted by mbahunt @ 12:00 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

School Status

About Me

Important Dates

Archives

Previous Posts

Links