mbahunt

Life just wasn't hard enough.

For some insanely stupid and unknown reason, I decided to switch my keyboard to the Dvorak layout. I'm still not sure what possessed me to do this, but I did it. It was pretty rough to go from typing about 100 words per minute to about 4. Needless to say, my productivity at work dove off a cliff and trying to maintain a simple conversation was near impossible. Smart move? Absolutely not. Interesting? Without a doubt.

My brain was being raped on a daily basis as I struggled to relean how to type. I swear that 5 year-olds across the country were laughing at me as I became a relative waste of space. I cheated a lot and flipped back to QWERTY when I had really important deadline or needed to actually communicate over IM. It took about a month in a half, but I'm back up on my feet as a functioning member of the workplace at about 75 words per minute. Interestingly enough, the Dvorak layout is better than QWERTY and just makes more sense.

The reason I'm bringing up this inane topic is because I just realized that I have to type a couple of essays on the GMAT. There a pretty damn good chance that I won't be able to switch the keyboard at the testing center. Fuck. I have to relearn QWERTY. Back to 4 words per minute.

posted by mbahunt @ 10:26 PM,

1 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger n/a said...

Was there an option to do the Gmat essays in Dvorak? Because otherwise I think I'm fucked...
Thanks
Akil

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

School Status

About Me

Important Dates

Archives

Previous Posts

Links