mbahunt

People lie...

...or at least I hope they do. I was lurking over at the Wharton student2student bulletin boards, which I promised never to do because people who contribute to online boards are jaded and bitter, and I saw a posting where applicants who were 'dinged' would talk about their vital stats. Dinged is apparently a euphamism for rejected and furthermore DWI is the more devastating, dinged without interview.

Now, reading through the list of stats for dinged applicants (GMAT/GPA/Ugrad School/Experience), it was obvious that Wharton has enough qualified candidates to say, "Fuck off, please," to what also seemed like very qualified candidates. Those with 750+ GMATs with 3.7+ from Ivy League schools and half a decade of solid experience have been rejected (and boy are some of them angry about it).

At this point, I'm compelled to say that people inflate their stats to save face, even though they are voluntarily posting the fact that they were nixed. At least, that's what I tell myself to scrape some of that confidence off the floor and put it back into my mouth, where I puked it out from.

posted by mbahunt @ 12:03 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

School Status

About Me

Important Dates

Archives

Previous Posts

Links