mbahunt

Waxed by Kaplan

Today marked the second time I took a practice GMAT on the computer. Today also marked the second time I severely embarrassed myself. I took the first one (GMATPrep) about 3 weeks ago and scored a 640. The second one I took today (Kaplan) and was presented with a nice fat 580. I know that the Kaplan tests are skewed down by up to 100-150 points at times, but still, that was pretty pathetic.

Granted, I was a bit hungover and really started feeling queasy around question 26 of the quantitative section, but that's still no excuse. I wanted to stop the test so bad and lie down, but I forced myself to forge onwards, as I have to emulate any possible scenario for the real test day. What if I happen to be coaxed out to an evening of raucous alcohol consumption the night before the exam? I can't control things like that. I have to be prepared for anything. Maybe I should keep a couple charcoal pills in my pocket.

I know it's not any different, but I'm having serious trouble taking these tests on computer versus taking them on paper. For some stupid reason, I find it easier to read and comprehend when the questions are on paper. Maybe I have cancer of the visual cortex.

posted by mbahunt @ 11:14 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

School Status

About Me

Important Dates

Archives

Previous Posts

Links