mbahunt

Bah, already Sunday?

2 days left. I'm starting to get nervous shit my pants about this Tuesday.

I took 2 more practice tests, and I have about 2 or 3 more to go. Under normal circumstances, the results would look promising, but not overwhelmingly optimistic. However, I have drastically low standards, and the fact that I actually completed the test and didn't fall into an epileptic seizure out of sheer boredom is quite the accomplishment.

Kaplan Book Test: 49Q, 44V, 690
Kaplan CAT Test 3: 50Q, 35V, 640

So, I'm finding that the passages on the Kaplan CAT practice tests are ridiculously hard. The passages in the Official Guide have central topics such as, "Johnny Goes to School" or "How to Make a Peanut Butter Sammich." The passages in the Kaplan CAT have central topics such as "Political Implications of Freud's Dream Interpretations" or "Transition of Sublime from Literature to Art."

Let me quote you a simple sentence:
His analysis of that dream reveals a political wish to free himself from the fate of the Jews, disguised as a desire to "step into the minister's shoes," where he could eliminate his Jewish rivals and grant himself his analysis of the dream, Freud introduced the promotion to a professorship.
What the fuck? Is that even a complete sentence? I read the entire passage, realized that I was bleeding from the anus, went and got a glass of water (to both moisten my palette and wash said anus), then returned to the passage and still had no better understanding of it. I've come to the conclusion that I never learned to read, which may prove to be devastating to my exam experience.

posted by mbahunt @ 12:44 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

School Status

About Me

Important Dates

Archives

Previous Posts

Links