mbahunt

Counting down...

I officially will be taking the GMAT on September 5th, 2006.

Son of a bitch.

I'm not really sure what possessed me to schedule it so soon, but I had the notion in my head that I'm nearing the limit of study and soon enough, I won't be able to fit any more grammar rules or equations in my head.

I decided to take the test on a Tuesday, because I have the attention span of a 3-year-old on crystal meth and a full testing center would provide me with lots of reasons to lose focus. I can barely study in my own house with minimal distractions. I wear two sets of earplugs to drown out ambient noise, but at that point the sound of my breathing is enough to make me stop doing the practice problems and start setting my desk on fire.

I've taken 3 practice tests so far, and as you can see by my scores below, I have zero reason to be confident about the next Tuesday, but being a middle-class, suburban, non-minority (as defined by higher educational institutions) male, I've overcome much adversity before. I will overcome adversity again, oh yes.

GMATPrep Test 1: 20 correct Q, 26 correct V (I didn't even get my scaled score. I was too stupid to figure out how to see them.)
Kaplan CAT Test 1: 40Q, 30V, 580
Kaplan CAT Test 2: 50Q, 36V, 660

I plan on taking a 3 more practice tests by exam day, which will undoubtedly destroy the rest of the hope that I once had for doing well. I do know that I will be getting really drunk Tuesday night and that football season starts Thursday night, so I'm hoping for 2 out of 3 next week.

posted by mbahunt @ 11:54 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

School Status

About Me

Important Dates

Archives

Previous Posts

Links