mbahunt

Too early?

It seems the average age at the top MBA programs tends to range from 27 to 29. I'm hypothesizing that I will be one of thousands of other arrogant foetuses who think that a bachelor's degree and a handful of years at a consulting firm or i-banking firm is more than enough to go to . I fully realize that I'm applying against folks who are smarter than me, have decades of job and life experience on me and are able to write their application essays on more topics than the two projects they've ever been on, (hopefully my 3 listed items were listed with proper parallelism) but hey, it should only cost me a thousand dollars to apply when all is said and done.

Seriously though, while I may not readily have the best reasons for why I want to go to an MBA program now, I really don't have any reasons for why I should wait a couple more years, other than, "It would make my application more competitive." Am I wasting my time and money?

I have coworkers who are starting to hit their mid-30s who have contemplated business school, but state that they can't afford to take a $150K hit, plus the lost wages for 2 years of not working thanks to families and such. So, they merrily continue a job that pays well in dollars, but rather poorly in sanity and mental health. That is troublesome and seems like a pretty damn good reason to apply now.

posted by mbahunt @ 2:11 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

School Status

About Me

Important Dates

Archives

Previous Posts

Links