mbahunt

I actually want to get letters of recommendations.

Note to self: If I ever have an underling come up to me and ask me for a letter of recommendation, grab nearest sharp object, make stabbing motion towards source of request and run far away.

I already had my recommenders lined up, but I finally got around to sending out the formal letter requests through the school's application websites. I took a peek at what my recommenders actually had to do, and I nearly shit. Jesus Christ, do they have to write a lot. Furthermore, none of the letters are remotely similar. There was no way in hell I'd get these people to write 7 completely different letters. These aren't your ordinary simple, "omg i think b skool is grate 4 him," kind of letters. And if you applied to Stanford? They expect recommenders to write some pretty intense responses.

I actually dropped Dartmouth and Michigan off of my list of schools I will apply to, solely to keep the number of recommendation letters lower. The last thing I want to happen is to have them do a half-assed job because there's so much writing to do and have that fuck me somewhere along the way.

I ended trying to group different questions from different school together to try and reduce the amount of work that they'd have to do, but I know this is still asking a lot. Since my company is really just a mass congregation of alcoholics, I'm just hoping that they stay relatively sober over the next month so that they a) actually finish these things and b) sound somewhat coherent in their endorsement of me.

posted by mbahunt @ 3:58 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

School Status

About Me

Important Dates

Archives

Previous Posts

Links