mbahunt

Ding/Woot

I received a ding from Kellogg, but an admit from Ross. It's a bittersweet feeling, because getting dinged from anywhere is kind of a kick in the testes, but it does feel pretty damn good to know that I'll be quitting my job this summer. I still have to hear back from Wharton, Harvard and Stanford, but I'm assuming that Wharton is really the only one left that I'm in the running for. I have an outside shot at Stanford, but Harvard's a pretty solid lock to tell me to lick their asses.

Had I been able to do this again, I wouldn't have trusted Kellogg's online application as far as I could throw it. After I applied online, like everyone else, my application's status said something to the effect of "Your app is processing, we're currently matching all of your materials under one folder and don't fucking call the office because it annoys the shit out of us when dickface tards like you inundate Admissions with whiny calls that won't matter because you're worthless anyways." At least, that was my interpretation of the message.

So, like a good little applicant, I gave them a month to match my stuff. A month went by and my status still said the above, so I started to get nervous. I called the office and the pleasant sounding lady said not to worry. I gave it 2 more weeks and heard that people were starting to get admit calls. So, I called again and bitched and they looked up my application and gave me some startling news. "Oh. It looks like our online application system and our reviewing system weren't talking together correctly. Your application was incorrectly marked incomplete. But, it looks like you had everything in on time, so I'll go ahead and fix that and we'll start reviewing your application now." Are you kidding me? You'll START reviewing my application now??? You've already handed out admits and you'll START reviewing mine??? Jesus Christ. If I had no chance in hell of getting into your school before, not only do I have no chance in hell now, but you'll probably jizz on my essays and laugh at how hard I just got owned.

Moral of the story? Life's a bitch. And then you get into Ross.

posted by mbahunt @ 11:27 AM,

1 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You experienced nearly the exact same situation as I did. I too submitted my application before the relevant Part I and Part II deadlines, but sat around for nearly two months waiting for Kellogg to match my files.

During my wait, I received no updates and totally missed out on the opportunity to interview with Kellogg admissions officers visiting my city. Instead, I ended up getting a rushed, late alumni interview about a month after R2 decisions started going out. Shortly thereafter, I received a waitlist decision.

I'm not sure whether the timing of my application review affected the admissions decision, but it couldn't have helped. Thankfully, I received significant scholarships from two other Top 10 schoools in the meantime and have the freedom to tell Kellogg to go f*ck themselves and their waitlist. But the whole process left a bad taste in my mouth, and I've learned -- from several blogs like yours -- that I'm not the only one who got screwed by Kellogg's gimpy application system. I don't need an admit from them, but I wouldn't mind getting my damn application fee back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

School Status

About Me

Important Dates

Archives

Previous Posts

Links